- The Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar College of Engineering was established in 2009 and is accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council and provides an outstanding research environment complemented by excellence in teaching.
- The Department offers UG Programme in Computer Science and Engineering.
- The curricula of programmes have been designed to cater to the ever changing needs and demands of IT industry with a proper blend of professional core and industry aligned electives.
- The Department has the vision to become a benchmark technical institution where learning is a joy, education is for the tomorrow, R&D is pace setting and everyone is committed to delivering competent human resource for prosperity and well being of industry, profession and society.
- The department labs are fully equipped with latest configuration, licensed softwares and Internet facility. Department has experienced and dynamic faculty members.
- The Department is continuously striving for excellence in engineering education and research. The Department acts as a focal point for development, growth and entrepreneurship. It gives exposure to its students, to not only the regular Engineering curriculum but also to the aspirations of today's corporate world, by inculcating a professional attitude in them.
- The Department offers four different thrust area such as Computer Network, Computer Vision and Soft Computing, Data Mining and Language Processor under which various activity related to research is carried out.
- The department is actively involved in developing the skills required for sustaining and maintaining the employability of students from entrepreneurship to the corporate world.
- The Department has excellent infrastructure and computing equipment supported by high speed Ethernet and wireless networks. Various student organizations like IEI Chapter, is active throughout the year. The department takes an initiative in organizing various faculty development program under government bodies.
VISIONTo develop an excellent professional, Technical and ethical education by building, strong teaching and research environment.
MISSIONTo offer quality graduate program in Computer Science and engineering to inculcate students with professional and ethical attitude, effective communication skills, scientific research and engineering breadth which would help them to pursue higher education and solve societal problems in global perspective.
|PEO 1||PREPARATION: To prepare students to succeed in employment/ profession and / or to pursue postgraduate and research education in Computer Science and Engineering and allied Engineering disciplines.|
|PEO 2||CORE COMPETENCE BREADTH: To provide students with a solid foundation in mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals required to formulate, analyze & solve engineering problems related to Computer Science and Engineering in particular and engineering practice in general. Also to prepare student with good scientific and engineering breadth to design system and solve problems.|
|PEO 3||PROFESSIONALISM: To inculcate in students professional and ethical attitude, effective communication skill, teamwork, and an ability to relate engineering to global perspective issues and social context.|
|PEO 4||LEARNING ENVIRONMENT: To provide student with an academic environment that fosters excellence, transparency, leadership and promote awareness of life-long learning.|
|PO1||An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, Computer Science and Engineering fundamentals.|
|PO2||An ability to identify, formulates, and solves complex engineering problems.|
|PO3||An ability to design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, component, process or program to meet desired needs with appropriate considerations such as economic / environmental.|
|PO4||An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data in computer science & engineering.|
|PO5||An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering & computational tools necessary for computer science & engineering practices.|
|PO6||The broad education necessary to understand the impact of contextual knowledge on social and cultural issues.|
|PO7||An ability to understand contemporary issues related to social & environmental context for sustainable development of engineering solutions.|
|PO8||An understanding of professional & ethical responsibility.|
|PO9||An ability to function effectively as an individual, as a member or leader in diverse & multidisciplinary teams.|
|PO10||An ability to communicate effectively.|
|PO11||An understanding of engineering & management principles to manage projects.|
|PO12||Recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in lifelong learning.|
- Department is having a buildup area of 1196.5 Sq.Mtr.
- Infrastructure as per AICTE norms: 3 e-classrooms, 2 tutorial rooms, 1 Seminar hall, 1 Department Library / Board Room, 1 Girls Common Room.
- NAAC accreditation in 2017.
- Well equipped laboratories to cater in-house workshops and value added courses
- E-learning material on Intranet (reputed journals, NPTEL, DTEL material, Lab Manuals)
- Young and motivated faculty with good qualification and working together as a team.
- Department is having One student society.
- IEI (Institution of Engineers Student Chapter )
- Large number of student project based publications
- Placement record in leading MNCs
- Grant Received for research activity
- Grant of Rs. 1lakh 30 thousands is received from AICTE under seminar Grant scheme for workshop on Open Source Learning Tools.
- Hands-on training is given on latest technology looking at improvement in quality of project work.
- Regularly organize Short Term Training Program and Faculty Development Program.
- Every Year Department publishes Annual Magazine Agnipankh.
- Parent Teacher is organized every semester once to discuss various ongoing activities in department along with its benefits for students.